Mad at Mad Men



So ALL week long all I've been reading on other ad blogs is how great AMC's original series, Mad Men is. How creative it is. How cutting edge. So naturally, I decided to plop down and allocate a full hour to trying to get into  a new television series - since there are no TV shows I get excited about anymore (that do not air on Bravo).

The show takes place in the early 1960s - I think this season (their 2nd) takes place in 1962 and it's all about this very competitive ad agency on Madison Avenue. It's VERY period - complete with sexism and vintage dresses. Naturally I thought I'd love it - but I've got to say that I left feeling very disappointed. It was pretty slow - not a lot happened - the dialogue was a little flat. Don Draper was definitely the most 3-dimensional character, which isn't saying much. Maybe I just built it up too much. Maybe it was just because it was the first episode of the season. I don't know, but it was definitely not as amazing as I thought it'd be. Which really sucks. Maybe I'll give it one more episode to prove me wrong...

0 comments: